Monday, October 12, 2015

LEAGUE START DATE!

Hey Everyone,
Good news! Aldergrove Community Secondary School has allowed us access to their gym. League will be starting this Thursday, October 15, 2015 from 8-10pm. Unfortunately we will only have two courts running so I think I am going to have to run two separate time slots.  I will post a schedule ASAP so please check back before Thursday. 

Regardless, though please come early to ensure time to help set up nets, hand in paperwork, pay, warm up etc. We will do our best to start exactly on time  every week.

Also, could all the Team Captains please just touch base with me before Thursday via text or email to confirm that their team is still in and ready to play. Also, please collect all payment and waiver forms (including emergency contact info) from your team and submit them to me this week - YOU CANNOT PLAY IN THIS GYM IF THE WAIVER IS NOT SIGNED! 

We will run until the school closes for Christmas holiday, and sounds like we should also be able to start back up again in January as well but I can discuss that later.

Final topic, cost! So ACSS has kindly worked out a "no charge session" however they would greatly appreciate a donation to their volleyball athletic program in an amount that we see fit. I believe we have 8 teams so I was thinking (since this initial season is a bit short) if each team could donate $120.00, we will donate $800 to the volleyball program, and then I will purchase a couple "game balls" and maybe some score cards with the extra $ left over.

If anyone has any other suggestions/input regarding cost please let me know. I am happy to donate more if people are will to pay more for the season, but I was also thinking we could do a second larger donation in January for a "full season."

That is all for the moment, I will post a schedule soon!
-Linds




1 comment:

  1. That is great Lindsay! Love being able to put money towards the volleyball program!

    ReplyDelete